Annons:
Etikettveterinär-sjukdomar-hälsa
Läst 1071 ggr
vallhund
6/28/15, 11:22 PM

Import gatuhundar saknar fullgott skydd mot rabies

SVA har testat 75 gatuhundar som importerats till Norge från Rumänien, Ungern, Balkan eller Baltikum. Endast 35 av dem hade fullgott rabiesskydd. 14 hundar saknade helt skydd mot Rabies, 40 hundar hade dåligt med antikroppar. Av 56 hundar med vaccinationsintyg hade bara hälften antikroppar i tillräcklig mängd.

Länk till SVA:s info

Jag är tyvärr inte förvånad. Gång på gång får man höra att det minsann inte är någon risk med importerade gatuhundar för organisationerna som tar hit dem är så seriösa. Nu är det verkligen dags att folk börjar tänka med huvudet i stället med hjärta och slutar ta hit dessa hundar. Vill man hjälpa kan man skänka pengar för att hjälpen ska ske på plats, annars kommer vi snart att ha det första fallet av rabiessmitta i Sverige på 140 år.

Plankat rakt av med tilstånd av Dentaku som postat info på Bukefalos.

ISIS anhängare anser sig inte heller vara sektmedlemmar.

Värd på Amstaff, BARF , Beroenden samt Multikulturellt .

Medis på  Border Collie samt Cancer, Choklad, Kennel o Psykologi.

Annons:
vallhund
6/29/15, 11:52 AM

Utdrag från studien:

"The two main objectives of antibody testing are to check if the animal (i) has been vaccinated according to recommendations, and (ii) has developed an adequate humoral immune response. Previous studies in conventional pet dogs show that the antibody response is influenced by vaccine product used, number of vaccine doses in the primary immunisation schedule, interval between Vaccination and blood sampling, age, size and breed of the dog (Cliquet and others 2003, Mansfield and others 2004, Kennedy and others 2007, Jakel and others 2008). However, taking these aspects into consideration, more than 85 per cent of vaccinated dogs achieve an adequate immune response after one dosage of Rabies vaccine (Fooks and others 2002, Council of Europe 2008, Van de Zande and others 2009, Berndtsson and others 2011). Several studies report that the interval between Vaccination and testing will affect the proportion of dogs with titres above 0.5 IU/ml since peak antibody values are seen four weeks to six weeks postvaccination (Cliquet and others 2003, Mansfield and others 2004, Jakel and others 2008). Therefore analysis was restricted to only those dogs that had been vaccinated four months to six months before sampling to standardise with the control group (Berndtsson and others 2011), and the difference between imported rescue dogs and owned Swedish dogs was statistically significant. Only 45.5 per cent of the rescue dogs showed a sufficient antibody response four months to six months postvaccination compared with 87.5 per cent of the conventionally owned dogs. There is no systematic comparison of the Rabies antibody titre and protection from challenge between immunosuppressed and healthy dogs (Morters and others 2014). Many rescue dogs have poor body condition, as well as deficiencies and underlying infections which might have a negative impact on the immune response (Davlin and Vonville 2012). Still, mass Vaccination campaigns in free-roaming dogs are very successful (Cleaveland and others 2006, Thiptara and others 2011, Morters and others 2014), and one study in Peru demonstrated that 97 per cent of the free-roaming dogs had antibody titre ≥0.5 IU/ml 12 months postvaccination (Chomel and others 1988). The Rabies vaccines used in the present study are all inactivated and approved for the European market. If stored or administered according to the manufacturers’ instructions, they should be expected to provide a satisfactory response in the majority of dogs examined in the present study. Hence, one might question if dogs with no detectable antibody responses have been properly vaccinated before rehoming and adoption to Norway."

Sammanfattningsvis så har korrekt vaccinerade hundar har i mycket hög grad tillräckligt med antikroppar, under förutsättning att vaccinet förvarats korrekt.

ISIS anhängare anser sig inte heller vara sektmedlemmar.

Värd på Amstaff, BARF , Beroenden samt Multikulturellt .

Medis på  Border Collie samt Cancer, Choklad, Kennel o Psykologi.

Achatina
7/2/15, 8:52 PM

Hatar tanken på att vi skulle få hit Rabies. Tror inte folk inser farligheten i det.  När inkubationstiden är mellan 3månader till 1år. När det smittas genom bett, rivmärken och slickningar. När man inte kan bli botad från det efter att symptomen uppkommit. Och vilken fara man utsatt alla i sin närhet för att man ville rädda en hund, när det finns tusentals svenska hundar som också behöver nya hem.

Upp till toppen
Annons: